LIVE UNITED...STAY UNITED
UWRA is a voluntary membership organization of approximately 500 individual members (both former and current United Way staff) with diverse experience offering the United Way network unique knowledge and expertise as well as nationwide coverage; and over 200 supporting state and local United Ways.
UWRA Individual Members:
- United Way Retirees - Those who have retired from a United Way position
- United Way Alumni - Former United Way employees with significant career experience with United Way
- Active United Way staff
UWRA Organizational Members:
UWRA is supported in large part through the generosity of our local and state member United Ways who support our annual giving campaign. Giving to UWRA is a wonderful example of System Citizenship. An investment in UWRA helps to insure that this organization continues to be an active part of the total United Way network and a benefit to current and future retirees/alumni.
UWRA is a "VALUE ADD"
- Only organization that focuses on current and future United Way alumni/retirees
- Unique pool of people representing experience, expertise, and knowledge of the United Way network
- Willingness to give back and share talents and experience for the advancement of the United Way network
- The best means for United Way alumni to keep connected with the United Way mission and colleagues
- The best resource for: 1) United Ways to tap into an experienced database for interim needs, and 2) United Way alumni to find out about and compete for interim positions
- Global coverage
- Founded in 1989
- 501 (c) 3 public charity status in 2001
- Governed by a 15 to 24 member volunteer Board
- Volunteer Service Corps (all levels of UW staff) represents actively engaged volunteers committed to improving the lives of United Way retirees and using their skills to help strengthen communities served by United Way.
- One full-time and one part-time staff members totaling 65 hours per week
UWRA is supported through the generosity of local and state United Ways (45%), United Way Worldwide (30% grant/in-kind services), Member Contributions and Leadership Gifts (16%), Membership dues (5%), Mutual of America (3%) and UWRA Endowment income (1%).