Have fun exploring local museums, gardens, or shopping for CA FASHION, relaxing at the beach, cruising the shoreline, seafood, tempting drinks, and stimulating conversations!!
Below is important information for reserving your spot at the UWRA 2016 Spring Gathering which promises to be fun time in an beautiful location with ample opportunity to relax and visit with old (and new) friends and colleagues.
· Date: check-in April 28th 4pm (Thursday) and check-out May 1st Noon (Sunday)
· Location: Newport Beach, CA (proximate to John Wayne Airport, Orange County - SNA)
2. ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION:
· Hotel: Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, 1107 Jamboree Road, Newport Beach, California, USA, 92660: http://newportbeach.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
· FREE Hotel Shuttle: To and from John Wayne Airport (SNA); and FREE shuttle to Fashion Island and also to Balboa Island.
· Group Room Rate (before taxes/fees): good from April 28th to May 1st and two days after the event if you would like an extended stay:
o $169 Run of the House rooms - single/double occupancy
o $184 Balcony rooms - single/double occupancy
o $194 Pool view rooms - single/double occupancy
o $204 Bay view rooms - single/double occupancy
· Resort Fee – $15/day per room (reduced for UWRA – usually $26/day per room) – Amenities included are; unlimited internet access in guest rooms, unlimited fitness center access, golf at Back Bay Golf Course, local/800 service, unlimited business center use, in-room bottled water (2 per day), complimentary bike rental, beach kit rental, outdoor games including water feature at Oasis Pool, bottomless kids souvenir cup, incoming/outgoing fax, and complimentary shuttle service to John Wayne Airport, Fashion Island and Balboa Island.
· Discounted Parking: $10/day (reduced for UWRA – usually $25/day)
· Check-In: 4pm; Checkout: Noon
3. TO MAKE YOUR HYATT RESERVATION: Reserve Now but no later than Monday March 28, 2016!! We have a small block of rooms – first come first serve. If people reserve early and we have a larger number than reserved we have a better chance of availability. In the event that something comes up and you are not able to attend, cancel 72 hours prior to the event to avoid a cancellation fee. Two ways to make your reservation:
· Reserve Online: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/UWAY4
· OR By Phone: Call the central reservation line at (888) 421-1442 and reference the United Way Reunion block.
· Note – when you make a reservation the confirmation may show the resort fee as $25.99 – but please be assured that upon check-in our group rate of $15 will be applied
4. UWRA PROGRAM/REGISTRATION FEE:
· Program: The Committee is working on further details such as:
Ø A relaxing fun gathering at the home of Jeanne and Merritt Johnson in nearby Corona del Mar
Ø Nightly gatherings with drinks and light appetizers before evening plans
Ø A group dinner to be included in the registration fee
Ø Light continental breakfast so the group can meet-up before a day of fun activities (with the group or on your own)
Ø Options for fun things to do.
· Registration Fee: A per person UWRA registration fee (expected to be $100 or less) will be assessed and a sign-up form sent out as soon as all the details are worked out.
5. TRANSPORTATION – make your travel arrangements!
SOME IDEAS FOR FUN!!
Ø Duffy electric boat cruise around Balboa Island - water-side view of homes
Ø Hiking, biking, or exploring along Back Bay route
Ø Aquatic Center: rent canoes, paddle boards etc. (across Bay from Hyatt)
Ø Shopping: NM, Bloomies, Nordstroms + more in a fountain filled outdoor Italian inspired mall - 5 min via hotel shuttle, too far to walk when loaded with purchases.
Ø Balboa Island then onto Peninsula via 5 min ferry ride
Ø Possible home tour of typical new/changing architecture from small beachy summer homes to large residences on Balboa Island
Ø 2 wonderful garden spots (Rogers and Sherman Gardens)
Ø All-day trip into Los Angeles to visit Getty Center: (http://www.getty.edu/visit/center/)
Ø Wonderful beaches for surfing and swimming, brrrr. Little Corona, a tide pool preservation beach.
TRIP ADVISOR: Click Here
NEWPORT BEACH VISITOR SITE: Click Here
“Newport Beach, California is a coastal fantasyland where leisure and style come together in ten distinct neighborhoods, each with its own unique charm — Airport District, Balboa Island and surrounding seven islands, Balboa Peninsula, Balboa Village, Cannery Village, Corona del Mar, Fashion Island, Mariner’s Mile/Westcliff, Newport Coast/Crystal Cove, and the Back Bay.” (from the Newport Beach visitors site)
Map of Newport Beach: http://www.visitnewportbeach.com/travel/maps/ - on map the Hyatt is to the left of the word FASHION ISLAND