Advancing the Common Good: Creating Opportunities for a Better Life for All
Everyone deserves opportunities to have a good life: a quality education that leads to a stable job, enough income to support a family through retirement, and good health.
That’s why United Way’s work is focused on the building blocks for a good life:
- Education – Helping Children and Youth Achieve Their Potential
- Income – Promoting Financial Stability and Independence
- Health – Improving People’s Health
Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to help all of us. We are all connected and interdependent. United Way’s goal is to create long-lasting changes by addressing the underlying causes of these problems. Living united means being a part of the change. It takes everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future.
Champion a Cause. ADVOCATE
Advocate: What does it mean?
United Way Advocacy
Two key ways you can help:
- Advocate now and year round by signing up for the United Way Advocacy Connection eNewsletter to keep up to date on the latest policy developments and ways you can take action. Also please help spread the word by sharing this link with your friends and family.
Click here to read a sample publication: Advocacy Connection eNewsletter
Click here to Join the United Way Advocacy Connection email list
- Check with your local or state United Way to see how you can help local initiatives and your community.
Also listed below are some United Way Initiatives that UWRA has participated in and ways you can help:
- Support 2-1-1 Social Service Hotline. Click here for information on 2-1-1 and to see how you can help.
- Join the Million Mentor/Tutor/Reader effort and encourage others to participate. Click here for more information.
- Help get books into the hands of more children. Support the Dolly Parton Imagination Library program -Click here to see how.